300PCS Self-Drilling Stainless Button Head Screws M4x38mm
M4 stainless self drilling screws button head 300PCS
- With a point “like a drill bit”, these screws create their own hole, and their own thread in one action. This is probably where the confusion with self-tappers comes in – both kinds of screws are technically self-tapping as far as the function of their threads are concerned, but the massive difference is in the function of their points.
- Self-drillers can be characterised as a fine thread or a coarse thread, self-tappers can’t.
- In short, self-tappers can’t drill, self-drillers can as well as tap a thread.
- Self-drillers are also commonly called ‘Tek’ screws, a proprietary brand name associated with their unique shape and function.
- Drill point sizes dictate drilling capacity. Common Tek point sizes are #2, #3, #4 and #5 (Series 500) – 2 and 3 most common, 4 and 5 for going through thicker metal.
- - Cladding and metal roofing
- - HVAC – duct, clips and brackets
- - Carports/sheds/garages
- - General construction
- - Steel framing
- Thread Diameter: (mm): 4
- Thread Length: (mm): choose from variations
- Head Diameter: (mm): 8
- Drive type: Philips
- Screw Finish: Grey
- Screw Point Type: Self drilling
- Screw Head Type: Button Head
- Pack Quantity: 300PCS